Thursday, February 12, 2009

No four sweeter words than...

Pitchers and catchers report.

After a long winter of dumb rumors and steroid allegations, we can get back to the sport. Don't get me wrong, there will still be dumb rumors and steroid allegations, but at least that will be offset by athletic competition.

This is the time of the year that we will get to hear insane predictions as well. I am hoping some sports writer comes up with something like "Tim Lincecum will win 30 games this year." For you fans of the NL Central, this is the time of year that someone (incorrectly) predicts the Reds to be the "dark horse" of the division. "Their players are due for a breakout year. This may be it." Blech.

Anyhow, I can't contain my giddiness. I'm even ready to get into the WBC. That's how desperate I am for baseball...

No comments: