Thursday, November 20, 2008
Step 1: Lefty out of the bullpen
Step 2: Signing or trading for an Ace starter such as Peavy
Step 3: Signing Brian Fuentes
But I will go ahead and say it "Mission Accomplished"
On another note, this falls into the category of "things I do when I run my fake franchise on OOTP/Madden". I always go out and try to get Trever Miller. Other members of this category are the trading of Elvis Grbac from the 49ers to the Chiefs. Grbac was a member of my Madden Chiefs franchise years before he was an actual member of the Chiefs. Sadly however, the Chiefs never went out and got Rodney Hampton who was always my featured back.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Also on the note of ending eras, Woody is leaving Chicago quite unceremoniously. If he ends up in St. Louis, I will have a great conflict of interest. I want to cheer him because he's Woody. I can't cheer him because he's wearing red. This would be like Abraham Lincoln, living in the 1980's, defecting to become a general of the Red Army. You gotta like the guy 'cause he's Lincoln. But, again, he's wearing red so you feel that you are betraying yourself by rooting for him. Please, please, please, Woody, don't go to the Redbirds....please.
On the brighter side, Pujols won the 2008 NL MVP. I guess there is hope for the world. The baseball writers realized that the best player in the league doesn't necessarily have to come from a playoff team. I have a more optimistic outlook on the future now.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
I think Runningman is doing a little bit of wishful predicting. Colby Rasmus and Ryan Ludwick for Jake Peavey? P'sha! (That's right, I broke out the P'sha.) I think what Runningman meant to say is that Jake Peavey will be wearing blue pinstripes on opening day in the Windy City.
Realistically, I am picking Peavey to end up on the Royals. Why the Royals? I don't know. Why did the A's get Holliday? Where did they come from? I don't trust the sports-reporting media anymore. I feel that I was led astray.
On the topic of Holliday, I feel that anyone that says that Ludwick, Schumaker, and Boggs for Holliday is a rip-off for the Cardinals is a complete moron. Actually, those who think that are not complete morons, I just disagree with your point of view. I have seen no indication that the 28 year old Ludwick is the player that he was in 2008. I still think it will be a career year for him. I'm not saying he's awful, but I don't think he'll reproduce the numbers he had in 2008.
Many will point to Holliday's home/away splits as evidence that the Cardinals would be fleeced in the deal. Those spits don't tell the whole story. Think of the ballparks that Holliday plays in most often when he is away from home...Petco Park, Dodger Stadium, AT&T Park. None of these three are hitter-friendly parks. Those factors should more than cancel out the bump his stats get from playing at Coors.
Monday, November 10, 2008
2. Kurt Warner playing for the Giants/Cardinals and not playing for the Rams.....why again did we let him leave. Every week I watch him, every week I realize how much of an idiot Martz and company are.
Unnamed sources also indicate that Carpenter will not be ready till May 1st.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Hopefully the mainstream media will stop fawning over him sometime over the next 8 years.
On that note I will make some predictions :
-Israel will be hyper sensitive to Iran and they will go to war in the next year as Israel will now have to fend for itself(sorry, sorry back to sports).
-The Cards will not get rid of Adam Kennedy. Why won't they? I have no idea. He was my least favorite Cardinal last year and he is the leading candidate to be named my least favorite Cardinal of 2009. Trade him, cut him, DFA him, I don't care as long as he is not a Cardinal. Same goes for Izzy.
-The Cubs will make the mistake of thinking their players don't age and stick with what works and presto they'll finish in 2nd pla........no, no they'll win the division again.
-Mark Mulder Retires
-Manny signs with LA
-CC CCCabthia signs with....the Yankees.
-Cards will not sign a top-line starting pitcher.
-US Military continues its dominance in killing the #2 guy in Al-Queda.
-In a play off batting the pitcher 8th, LaRussa decides not to play with a guy at shortstop as a way to generate more plays at the plate and leverage the strengths of Ankiels arm and Molina ability to hold on to the ball in a home plate collision.
-The travesty of Dan Haren playing for any team but the Cards continues.
-Giants win the Superbowl.
-I will hear at least 5 callers between now and opening day on STL sports talk radio call up and ask the host what they think about the idea of the Cards signing Mark Prior and/or Greg Maddux.
-Cards will sign Brian Fuentes.
-Colby Rasmus is in LF on opening day.
Also, did he or did he not win his 2nd World Series ring. This should have been a major celebration for our namesake So Taguchi. He once again propelled a team to victory. As the elder and much wiser blogger here at TST....and lets face it...I'm also the talent...I'm disappointed in our blog. I'm disappointed in us, we are better than this. So deserved much more than this.
Monday, November 3, 2008
But let's not kid ourselves. I have a theory that all of this CC Sabathia, Mark Texeria, and ManRam (still hate that nickname) nonsense is done as a smokescreen. There are some very valuable players out there that won't go for $100 mil. So, I know what you're wanting to ask. Cap, what are the real Hot Stove stories this year? Well, sit down there little missy because school is in session.
- Will the Cardinals be able to move Adam Kennedy? My crystal (base)ball says yes. Why? Whomever gets the prized possession that is Adam Kennedy also gets career .276 BA and career .707 OPS. The lucky team would get all this for the rock-bottom price of $4M (Assuming that the Cards eating some of that contract is not part of the deal).
- Where will David "X Factor" (according to his Wikipedia page) Eckstein end up? Let me ask you this hypothetical question. What would you pay for a hustler with an enlarged heart and gritty DNA? I have that right, don't I? Big heart? Check. Gritty DNA? Check. One who hustles? Check. Let me ask you this. What would you pay for intangible skills?
not definite or clear to the mind
- Oh where, oh where will So Taguchi go? He's playoff tested. He has 2 WS rings. Stay tuned, folks to your unbiased, exclusive So Taguchi news source for updates!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Before I say anything else, I would like to thank Runningman and Captain Awesome for their invitation to this exclusive blog. And I must say that I’ve been a big fan of the blog for many, many years (or months, whichever makes more sense).
The only slight hesitation that I had in becoming a guest writer for this blog was the detailed, lengthy, and somewhat strange agreement that the management team made me sign before posting my first entry. Just to get a feel for this lengthy contract, I have included a few of the points that I feel will stifle my creative juices…
- You may include no references to being intimate with Captain Awesome’s mother, sisters, finance, and/or mistress.
- You may post no entries dedicated solely to your “man crush” Chris Duncan and his worthiness as a MVP contender.
- You may not make any posts describing in detail any dreams that you could, would, or should have about Runningman and his sexual escapades with So Taguchi.
- You may not go an extended length of time without a post questioning J2T’s “manhood”, “sexual orientation”, and/or “possible transgender status”.
- You cannot headline any post with the phrase “I feel that Capitan Awesome would marry Corey Hart if it were socially acceptable”.
- You may not mention and/or describe explicit phrases such as “angry pirate, wobbly H, or rusty trombone”.
- While poetry may be used, excessive Haiku usage is prohibited.
- You may not at any point use the term “Seventh Inning secom somethings” (whatever that means).
- And finally… You are not allowed to make repeated references to Billy Mays and/or any of his fantastic home products that include (but are not limited to):
The Big City Slider Hamburger Press
The Handy Switch (Wireless Light Switch)
The Steam Buddy
Fix it Scratch Remover
Samurai Shark Sharpener Knives
The Awesome Auger Yard Tool
The Hercules Hook
The Gator Grip
The Ding King
Mighty Mend It
In all seriousness, in future posts, I hope to “make my mark” on this blog by talking about sports other than baseball (to keep me occupied until April). I would speculate that these sports would lean heavily toward the NFL, NCAA Basketball, and even NASCAR.
As an added bonus, I would also like to add a new segment to the TST blog called “Dear Dart”. In this segment, you, the avid reader may submit questions that I will answer in future posts. Feel free to be creative.
-The Yellow Dart