Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's So on...

...this blog, that is. (See what I did there with the name of the post and the name of the blog? Nevermind.)

As stoked as I am to begin this project, I have this unshakable sense of impending doom. Somehow, I think this thing will descend to a point where the phrase "Honey, send the kids to Grandma's 'cause Daddy's coming home loaded" will be used on more than one occasion. Anyhow, without further ado, I will dole out my predictions for the 2008 MLB season since today is Opening Day.

AL EAST
Boston
New York
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Baltimore

AL Central
Detroit
Cleveland
Minnesota
Kansas City
Chicago

AL West
Anaheim
Seattle
Oakland
Texas

NL East
New York
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Washington
Florida

NL Central
Chicago
Milwaukee
Cincinnati
Houston
St. Louis
Pittsburgh

NL West
Arizona
Colorado
Los Angeles
San Diego
San Francisco

World Series
Call me a Cubs fan, but I'm going to pick Chi-town over Detroit in a rematch of 1945...only with a different outcome.

There you have it. In seven months or so I will either look like a genius or a moron. Most likely the latter.