Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who's the boss?

Hank is. (You thought I was going to say Tony Micelli, didn't you?) In case you haven't heard, Hank says he is still the boss...oh yeah, Hal's the boss too, but that's it! You want the rant? You can't handle the rant! Here it is anyway:

Hank Steinbrenner yesterday spit on the notion he has taken a step back in running the New York Yankees "There is one very important point here," Steinbrenner told The Post during an exclusive half-hour session. "The most important thing to remember is this: If you didn't get it from me or my brother [Hal], it doesn't mean [anything]. I don't care about some piss-ant employee. If you don't get it from me or Hal, it's meaningless. I have a lot of things [in Tampa] and Hal is in New York, which is good." Asked if he has taken a step back, Steinbrenner emphatically said, "No." Since The Boss turned over the day-to-day operations to his sons, Hank has one regret. "I should have pushed harder for the [Johan] Santana deal," said Hank.

-NY Post

You heard it here first, folks. Hank Steinbrenner doesn't "care about some piss-ant employee." I can envision it now. Some poor seven year old kid with a English accent, dressed in rags is selling newspapers on a corner in 19th century London. He cries "Extra! Extra! Hank Steinbrenner doesn't care about some piss-ant employee!"

Seriously, this guy is a riot. For your enjoyment, here is your Hank of the Day pic. I know what you're thinking and all I can say is "you are welcome."


No comments: