Monday, October 20, 2008

Your baseball team is like which Backstreet Boy?

I am not looking forward to 2008 after baseball...or, for that matter, 2009 before baseball. I know, I know. I'm like a kid dreading Monday coming on Friday afternoon. We have the biggest series of the year ahead, but I am worked up because baseball is almost over. I think I have too much time to ponder these things.

I have become infinitely bored...today. There was no baseball today. These kinds of days have been rough. It takes me back to mid-July during the All-Star break...when there was also no baseball. This is why I am dreading the offseason. While I wait for the WS to begin, I would like to comment on those articles that I wish I could resist. I call these articles "Your team is like which Backstreet Boy?" You want to pass these articles up for more intelligent discussion, but you can't because you honestly want to see which Backstreet Boy your favorite team most resembles.

I know you were hoping that I would spell it out, so here it is:

"Your team is like which Backstreet Boy?"

1. New York Yankees - The New York Yankees are most like the gay Backstreet Boy.
2. Milwaukee Brewers - The Brewers are most like the annoying Backstreet Boy that is also gay.
3. Houston Astros - The Astros are most like the grizzled Backstreet Boy that tries to look manly, but is gay.
4. Chicago White Sox - The White Sox are most like the other gay Backstreet Boy with the loud-mouthed, latin manager.

I don't know how many Backstreet Boys there are (were?), so I'm just going to stop the list. I think you get the idea of where I am going with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Cardinals are most like the Backstreet boy who dates that hot model for 7 months and then mysteriously breaks up with her and announces he's gay and then announces he's going to pay millions of dollars to take a space shuttle flight into outer space.