Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In the 1800's it was called the Hot Wood-burning Stove season...

...and everyone ate hardtack and drank mead. Enough with the history lesson..on to baseball!

I think Runningman is doing a little bit of wishful predicting. Colby Rasmus and Ryan Ludwick for Jake Peavey? P'sha! (That's right, I broke out the P'sha.) I think what Runningman meant to say is that Jake Peavey will be wearing blue pinstripes on opening day in the Windy City.

Realistically, I am picking Peavey to end up on the Royals. Why the Royals? I don't know. Why did the A's get Holliday? Where did they come from? I don't trust the sports-reporting media anymore. I feel that I was led astray.

On the topic of Holliday, I feel that anyone that says that Ludwick, Schumaker, and Boggs for Holliday is a rip-off for the Cardinals is a complete moron. Actually, those who think that are not complete morons, I just disagree with your point of view. I have seen no indication that the 28 year old Ludwick is the player that he was in 2008. I still think it will be a career year for him. I'm not saying he's awful, but I don't think he'll reproduce the numbers he had in 2008.

Many will point to Holliday's home/away splits as evidence that the Cardinals would be fleeced in the deal. Those spits don't tell the whole story. Think of the ballparks that Holliday plays in most often when he is away from home...Petco Park, Dodger Stadium, AT&T Park. None of these three are hitter-friendly parks. Those factors should more than cancel out the bump his stats get from playing at Coors.

No comments: