Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Jimmy Ballgame Odyssey: Vol. III

Jim Dandy knocked in two home runs today...both in the bottom of the 4th inning...against the White Sox, no less. In 26 games with the Padres, Edmonds was batting .178, slugging .233, and getting on base at a .265 clip. Those numbers in 25 games with the Cubs are .311/.581/.358. So far, this is working out well for the Cubs. Edmonds fit a very specific role that the Cubs needed. The Cubs wanted a left handed bat that could platoon in CF with the righty, Reed Johnson. They are paying him $284,000 this year. What is wrong with all of that? Absolutely nothing. I'm not saying that Jimmy boy was the best acquisition of the season. I know J2T is waiting for me to commit myself. Here it is: Edmonds has worked out well for the Cubs so far. I am happy he is a Cub so far. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: