Monday, April 7, 2008

I have a blog so I feel entitled to tell everyone my opinions.

The greatest thing about America is that everyone feels entitled to voice their opinion on anything...and I am no different. So away we go.
1. The Cubs squandered a 7-0 lead today...but my rage is blunted by the fact that they won 10-8 in the 12th. Way to go Chi-town.
2. Runningman heard this earlier, but what is with baseball players thinking the fans aren't smart enough to catch on to the steroid problem (not to beat a dead horse or anything)? Does Roidger (see what I did there?) really think that nobody noticed that his stuff got better after he turned 40?
3. I have a problem with Rick Ankiel. Actually, I don't know if I have a problem with Ankiel himself, or the Cardinal organization. How does a pitcher (besides Babe Ruth) become a power hitter? Did the Cardinal organization not recognize his talent? If so, what kind of talent scouts do the Cardinals employ? If Ankiel developed this power, how? How does a pitcher develop into an everyday player with that kind of power? I'm not accusing him of anything, but I just want some answers.
4. Brady Anderson. WTF?
5. 3.2 beer. On this day 75 years ago, 3.2 beer was delivered to the parched Prohibition survivors. It was a glorious day. Have we not evolved in the past 75 years? (I'm looking at you Colorado.) When I come down off the mountain, I want my ~5.0% alcohol by volume. I know the air is thinner, but the beer doesn't have to be.
6. Canadian Bacon. It's not real bacon. It's bacon with universal health care.

I think that's it for now. If I think of something later, I'll post.

***Addendum***
Has anyone seen the news today? CNN.com has the headline:

401 kids from polygamist sect in state custody


Why didn't Disney make a movie about that? I think 401 Polygamy Kids would be a better movie than 101 Dalmatians. C'mon Disney, get your head in the game.

No comments: