Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Worst Ballpark in the Bigs...

I was watching the Cards - 'Stros game this evening and I came to a conclusion. Minute Maid Park in Houston has to be the worst stadium in MLB. Some stadiums are iconic for their structures/quirks. Wrigley has the brick covered in ivy, Fenway has the Green Monster, and Minute Maid Park has Tal's Hill. OK, OK. You don't have to point out that the Juice Box isn't the first stadium to have a hill. It is, however the first stadium to have a hill for decorative purposes. I can't believe that the MLBPA hasn't thrown a fit about this. This thing is an ankle/knee injury waiting to happen. As much as I hate Tal's Hill, I do have some fond memories of watching outfielders face-plant on the hill. I guess its not all bad.

2 comments:

Runningman said...

Oddly, I was having the same convo. yesterday with my boss here at Globex.

Captain Awesome said...

Is your boss named Hank Scorpio?